Japan Expo 15th anniversary (2014)


Like every year I went to Japan Expo! This year is Japan Expo's 15th anniversary so they especially extended the event to 5 days instead of 4 days.
I got myself the pass for 5 days, I have a lot of project cosplay but unfortunately I had my final exams and my results were out during the friday of Japan Expo, meaning that if I fail, I would have to give up on the remaining days.
So I lacked of time, of mood to finish any of my "great cosplay"

For the 1st day I still had time to sew my Sytry cosplay, it's the outfit he were wearing during Solomon's era:




And I guess because I thought that my cos was really shitty, nobody in France knows what is Makai Ouji, I didn't take any picture of myself. So the only picture I have is the one with Kaname. 

I have to confess.
I bought my 5 days ticket to be sure that I would see Kaname (since didn't found any schedule).
He was here during the 5 days, at the K missing kings booth for 1h, for the signs. And for another 1h, he was at another booth for the photo session.
To get a sign or a photo with Kaname, you just have to buy a official K good. It was affordable for everyone (Range of 7€ to 82€)






He cosplayed Saruhiko Fushimi for the first day then Mikoto for the second day.
Then I don't know, because I was reving to retake my finals. 
FML, right? It's ok. 


But before that I also got his sign.
Little awkward to give him my cellphone, but didn't have another thing. Yes I have the postal card but.. I was afraid that I was going to lost it somewhere in my room. 

But it's ok, I even have a ♥ next to my name. lmao



Then for the rest of the day and the next day I didn't do anything.. special. There's nothing to do during wednesday and thursday. It felt empty, no special nicely made cosplay, no any lolita friends to be seen...
Well, I saw the Asobi System crew, with Eva, Ayumi etc.. But. was too shy to ask for a pic. Not sure that they were willing to accept..

All I did was buying .. I got myself some japanese false lashes, a eyeliner, some choco..





I absolutely love Funassyi and Crunky choco, best choco ever! Not too sweet, just.. perfect! Wish I bought more than that!



All I saw was a cute japanese guy. 
Sorry for the bad quality, he really did look cute in real life though. 
He also had a tail. 





Overall impression for this year...

It felt.. empty. Maybe because during wednesday and thurday there's not much activities or showcase or I don't know what else. 
I thought that maybe the 1st day I had to ditch a friend and his friends halfway (because they wanted to see something else and I had the sign session with kaname) and that the second day I had to go alone because my best friend was working.
So I thought that's why it wasn't funny alone, but then I chat a little about it with some other friends, we didn't went on the same days, they went for the most interesting days like friday or saturday. And they also told me that it was a bit disappointing/empty feeling. 

[A week after, I went to a manga store in Paris and overheard a conversation between the owner and a guy and they said that it was awfully expensive. He spent +100€/day, it wasn't really interesting if the prices are going up like this. etc.. And that a xx brand is not coming anymore because having a booth at Japan Expo is really pricey, that it didn't worth it because they even lost money from it.]

So I conclude that.. indeed, it was.. not very interesting. 

I was happy they made a Kawaii Area with Asobi System etc.. but then during the 2 days, I went a lot around it, it wasn't especially interesting.. It was big, it was also.. empty. 
They had a booth selling some Diamond Lashes, another booth with few goodies, the polaroid booth and... it was pretty much like it.. 

To be honnest, when I was back, my legs were hurting like hell, it was tiring, I went to Japan Expo for 5 years and first time of my life I was feeling like "I don't want to go anymore"
Plus, the prices of the tickets are more expensive now...


BUT, I still hope that you enjoyed it, if you were present. :)
And I also hope that next year will be more interesting and that they won't rise the prices of the tickets.
Thank you for the Funassyi booth and Kaname coming at J.E though. lol



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier OLIA hair dye - Carmin Reds (6.66) - Review

Hello Bubble - Milky Ash color Hair dye [ REVIEW ]

TRAVEL LOG: Japan - Tokyo/Hakone/Osaka/Kyoto